HTS Fighting Pistol
Fighting Pistol Course
- Fighting Mindset
- Shooting Test
- Various Malfunction Drills
- Tactical/Speed Reloads
- Instruction about Accuracy, Speed, Bulls Eye Shooting vs Combat Shooting
- Kneeling/Supine Firing Positions
- Prone/Urban Prone Positions
- 25 yard pistol course designed to push you to the limits and challenge your skills
Performance Based Practicum
- Shooting on the Move with Obstacles
- Off Line of Attack
- Single Hand Operation
- Run and Gun from Various Positions
- Barricade Drills
Anyone is welcome to attend this course. There are three requirements for attending this class.
- To know the basic fundamentals of handgun manipulation.
- To know how to field strip your firearm.
- Come with an open mind.
This is a physical class that is based on performance and not outcome based training. Proper mindset is a must. Please leave the ego at the door. Everyone will be treated as a professional. Regardless of your abilities beginner to pro, you will be encouraged and we hope to help build a positive mindset.
- Handgun with hip or drop leg holster (no appendix carry)
- 300 rounds of handgun ammo (Please do not bring steel core bullets, or armor piercing rounds)
- Eye and Ear Protection
- 2-4 Handgun magazines with carry system
- Hat, elbow and knee pads
- Weapons cleaning kit
- If you have a tactical load out you want to wear bring it and see what works and what doesn’t!
- Sunscreen (if needed)
- Sack lunch (optional but recommended)
The purpose of this course is to learn, practice, build skills and develop tactics
All classes will be held outdoors in Freeman, MO or in KCMO at Trainer caves
The Four Primary Rules of Firearm Safety
- Point the muzzle in a safe direction.
- Treat every firearm as if it is loaded.
- Be sure of the target and what is in front of it and beyond it.
- Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until ready to shoot.